Keeping CI green

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri May 23 18:55:53 UTC 2014

On Friday 23 May 2014 19:53:38 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Divendres, 23 de maig de 2014, a les 07:19:59, Martin Gräßlin va
escriure:
> > On Thursday 22 May 2014 21:08:05 Alex Merry wrote:
> > > There are currently four frameworks that are yellow (for between 6 hours
> > > and 8 days). kdelibs4support has had 3 commits (not counting those by
> > > scripty) since it broke that have done nothing to fix the issue.
> >
> > One of the failing frameworks is KWindowSystem, sometimes it succeeds,
> > sometimes it doesn't.
> >
> > I would love to get this more stable, but at the moment my solution is to
> > ping Ben to run the build again (as done in build #66 which fixed without
> > changes).
>
> Can the test be made more stable?

I currently have no idea why the test is failing in a non-deterministic way.
If I run it locally with a similar setup (Xvfb started with same args as on CI
system and openbox) the test never fails. This makes it very difficult to
investigate what is the problem in the first place.

At the moment I think it's still more useful to have the test, than to disable
it. I just need to be faster in noticing that the test failed again.

Cheers
Martin