Keeping CI green

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Thu May 22 20:08:05 UTC 2014

There are currently four frameworks that are yellow (for between 6 hours and 8
days). kdelibs4support has had 3 commits (not counting those by scripty) since
it broke that have done nothing to fix the issue.

If we claim that our release schedule means more stability because of our
review process and CI system, we need to enforce it. How are we going to do
this? Because I don't think our current system is working very well. 8 days is
a long time for breakage to stick around when we release every month.

I don't think Jenkins currently sends emails directly to people who appear to
have broken something - can we make it do so? Do we want to?

Do we want to have a "fix it or have it reverted" policy? How would that
interact with failures that can only be reproduced on Jenkins (which does have
an unusual setup)?

Alex

(PS: I would try to fix things, but I don't have access to my development
machine this weekend)