KIOAccessManagerFactory and QtQuick2

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Wed May 14 13:43:05 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 May 2014 18:31:06 Aleix Pol wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've been getting some error messages [1] from some QML applications and I
>> decided to investigate a bit further. I realized then that most of it was
>> coming from the KIOAccessManagerFactory that is automagically being set up
>> by KDeclarative::setupBindings.
>>
>> I've been trying it commenting out the NetworkAccess set and it seems to
>> work well. I suggest we shouldn't force KIO NetworkAccess usage until it
>> behaves properly from different threads (if that can ever happen).
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> looks like we have to disable it for now, yeah
> (some things will always need, like folderview tough)

Sure, disable it if it doesn't work...

What kind of mentality is that?
Apparently an issue in KIOAccessManagerFactory (i never even knew
about the class) is uncovered. Perhaps talk to some folks that know
the class, know KIO::SchedulerPrivate::doJob and fix the issue?

Yes, i know a thing or two about KIO.
No, not in this area.

> any idea if kio may ever become thread safe?

If someone invests the time to look into it and patch it up.