Removing Sonnet documentation?

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Mon May 12 14:01:34 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014, at 6:00, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Am Montag, 12. Mai 2014, 05:31:40 schrieb Aurélien Gâteau:
> > On Mon, May 12, 2014, at 3:26, Kevin Ottens wrote:

> > > I'm fine with such a removal. It should come with removing the
> > > corresponding help button though.
> >
> > As far as I can see, there is no help button. I assume the doc was only
> > available from KHelpCenter.
> >

> In master/4.13 kmail composer Tools->Spelling or kate/kwrite
> Tools->Spelling-
> >Spelling opens a dialog with a Help button to launch KHelpcenter with the
> sonnet docbook

Ah right. This button got removed when Sonnet was ported to KF5, most
likely when the code was ported away from KDialog. That is why there is
no Help button anymore.

> The sonnet docbook is not available in KHelpcenters navigation tree.
>
> In Kate kf5 Tools->Spelling->Spelling shows a inline dialog (like
> search+replace bar) without Help button.
>
> Btw workspace/khelpcenter/doc/fundamentals/tasks.docbook  has a sect
> spellcheck which is a slightly modified copy of the sonnet handbook.

So removing this documentation would fix this duplication, that's a nice
side effect.

I filed a RR for the removal here:
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/118096/

Aurélien