[extra-cmake-modules] modules: Revert "use the NAME_PREFIX only for the test, not for the executable"

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Sat May 10 20:24:38 UTC 2014

On 10/05/14 20:37, Patrick Spendrin wrote:
> As you can see in my commits in ktextwidgets, kio, kxmlgui and several
> other locations, only the add_test call had the name prefix and not the
> executable.
> One occurance where the previous (and now current) will fail is kxmlgui
> autotests, where dfaure send me an email first without reverting my commits.
>
> I am so sorry about not having put up a review request on your project
> and will obviously do so in the future if I ever commit in there again.

Sorry about reverting without contacting you first - it appeared to be
breaking things, and I wasn't up to tracking down the problem properly
right then.

That said, I don't think your commit was the correct fix to the
situation. The breakage appeared to happen because the frameworks
weren't properly ported to ecm_add_tests - whoever did the porting (and
I haven't looked to see who that was) assumed it worked like the
copy-pasted macros that were in the autotests/CMakeLists.txt files, and
it doesn't. But I think the existing behaviour of ecm_add_tests (to
namespace the targets as well as the test names) is preferable.

Alex