KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2014-w19

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue May 6 14:37:05 UTC 2014

KDE Frameworks meeting was in #kde-devel at 14:00UTC

agateau, arichardson, dfaure, ervin, notmart, Riddell, sebas, teo, tosky
also present: PovAddictW, apol, mgraesslin

< unormal> There is some work going on for new CI system for KF5 and Co.
And the webpage
http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/Continuous_Integration exists
now. It's all a week old but still makesIMHO sense to announce it.

News
- beta 2 is tagged and being packaged by distros with release due thursday
- it is hoped to make a Plasma beta on friday based on Beta 2
- new schedule up at http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics with beta 3
on june 1st and final on july 1st

agateau:
- Added a ki18n_install() cmake function to make it easy to integrate
translation code in frameworks
- Used ki18n_install() in all i18n-translated frameworks
- Got side-tracked into keditfiletype and ported it away from
kdelibs4support. RR: https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/117954/
- Hopefully fixed apidox dependency diagrams to only show a framework and
their dependencies (ie, not all frameworks in all diagrams). Will know next
time
                 api.kde.org is updated
  In progress:
- Fix kdoctools_install to support multiple files named the same. Still
need to fix html support. RR: https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/118004/
- Dynamic framework list on api.kde.org
EOF

arichardson:
- got dolphin ported to kf5, seems to work quite well
- however middle click actions don't work, since that requires KAction, not
sure how to do that with qaction
- found some bugs in KUrlNavigator/KUriFilter while doing that port as well
all due to KUrl -> QUrl

dfaure:
spent sunday making the beta2 release
improved the release scripts much, still room for improvements of course
one issue was non-compileable translations (malformed files)
we discussed a pre-commit hook, not sure if it actually ended up on
someone's todo list

ervin:
 dealing with sprint, beta 2 and new release schedule aftermaths
 still some work to do on the release cycle discussion as the packagers
worries weren't addressed yet
 also about to head out for porto alegre for FISL 15 giving a kf5 talk in
the main room

notmart:
 15:19 < notmart> Riddell: regarding frameworks this week i have a pending
fix that is SIC, but probably not avoidable
15:19 < notmart> https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/118016/
"Fix wrong constructor resolution" "kwindowsystem"

Riddell:
 I updated http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/List and changed tier 4 to
porting aid, but then got confused because some porting aids are tier 1, is
it useful to retain the concept of tier 4 and should tier 1 porting aids be
shown separately or as part of tier 1?
ervin> Riddell: this wiki page should be discontinued, we'll point to
api.kde.org once agateau work is done on generated this list from the repos

sebas:
* Looking into bug 332532
 KDE bug 332532 in frameworks-kdbusaddons (general) "app wtih
KDBusService::Unique window not raised when started again"
[Normal,Confirmed: ]
                http://bugs.kde.org/332532
* locale KCM: Entirely not working in KF5. Created a minimal "formats" KCM
that writes out an export line for startkde to consume
This is enough to make country format settings apply, a lot less than we
had with KLocale, but according to John Layt the way forwards
It's in a local branch on my system right now, will work a bit more on that
and then publish for feedback
 KDE bug 331930 in plasma-shell (Digital Clock) "Digital clock doesn't pick
up time format from systemsettings" [Normal,Confirmed: ]
http://bugs.kde.org/331930

teo:
 done some fixage on both kwalletd and kwalletmanager, also with mck182's
help
 also went through kwallet framework with patched astyle, we had *tabs* in
there

tosky:
 - some license translations imported into kdoctools which lived on SVN,
still space for other cleanups
 - some changes help:/common with help:/kdoctools5-common in repositories
around, following the main change in kdoctools
 - check incoming review requests as usual
 - cleanup of kio_info (no kdelibs4support), found a bug in KIconThemes and
reported (there is a pending RR from kdepepo, please check it), in order to
have another reproducer for the issue I ported kio-gopher too (yes,
kio-gopher)
 - discussion on release schedule