Moving KPlugionLoader|Factory to KCoreAddons?

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Sat Mar 29 15:57:53 UTC 2014

On 29/03/14 00:38, Alex Merry wrote:
> While doing work on KService, I realised that KPluginLoader,
> KPluginFactory and KExportPlugin could all quite happily go in
> KCoreAddons, and it would be really nice to have them there
> (KPluginTrader would stay in KService, of course).
>
> I'm not sure of the BCness or SCness of this, though.  I think it might
> be BC, since KService links to KCoreAddons.  We'd have to include
> KCoreAddons in KService's link interface, since kservice.h uses
> KPluginLoader and KPluginFactory in a template method, so I think it
> would also be SC.
>
> If that's the case (the SCness in particular), does that move seem
> reasonable?

I just realised a flaw with this: KPluginLoader has a constructor that
takes a KService argument.  Which is annoying, because the only
difference between KPluginLoader(service) and
KPluginLoader(service.library()) is the error message you get if the
service is not valid or does not provide a library.

Alex