Location of docbooks in frameworks repos

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Wed Mar 26 22:22:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

a) In kde4 docbooks usually were located in a top level folder named "doc" in
each repo, in frameworks this folder is named "docs" with an additional *s* ,
where as the other repos with a frameworks branch seem to use the name "doc"
(kate, kde-workspace as of now before the split etc.).
That is possibly a bit confusing and error-prone editing documentation_paths?

b) In kde4 we had a doc folder structure in each repo like:

doc/app1/*docbook
doc/app2/*docbook
doc/kcontrol/kcm1/*docbook
doc/kcontrol/kcm2/*docbook
doc/kioslave/kio1/*docbook
doc/kioslave/kio2/*docbook
etc.

Several scripts in l10n-kde4/script (docmessage extraction naming scheme,
autogen.sh to generate all CMakeLists.txt for installation of language
docbooks, update-xml to generate language docbooks) and the scripts on the kde
documentation server docs.kde.org are based on such a consistent doc folder
structure.

I think we need a similar *consistent* scheme for docbook location in
frameworks repos.

--
Burkhard Lück