[kdesrc-build] /: kf5: Port rc files to use branch-groups consistently.

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Mar 21 10:53:53 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 March 2014 10:44:24 Kevin Ottens wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Tuesday 04 March 2014 22:54:42 David Faure wrote:
>> > On Tuesday 04 March 2014 01:32:14 Michael Pyne wrote:
>> > It wasn't that transparent at all - a number of modules have been re-
>> > downloaded in a different location in my local source directory:
>> >
>> > * plasma-frameworks moved under playground/libs
>>
>> Maybe time to get this one moved to frameworks. I don't think
>> playground/libs still makes sense for it.
>
> I agree. Aaron, any objections?
>
> Ben, can you make the change? I'm not sure what has to be done exactly to move
> a project in the p.k.o hierarchy (is that documented anywhere?)

All that needs to be done is for an admin to login on projects.kde.org
and move the project. The controls for this are located on the
"General" tab of the project settings.

However, I do need to ask if plasma-framework needs to go through KDE
Review due to the substantially new nature of the code involved.

>> > * kactivities moved under kde/kdelibs/kactivities (a very odd location in
>> > the frameworks world, but kde_projects.xml is global, not
>> > branch-dependent)
>>
>> Ideally should be under frameworks at some point. I'd rather have it odd in
>> the kde4 world now. :-)
>
> Me too... I guess most people compiling all of KDE SC are starting to look at
> frameworks by now indeed, let's move both.
>
> --
> David Faure, faure at kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
> Working on KDE, in particular KDE Frameworks 5

Thanks,
Ben