Releasing Deprecated modules and Tier 4 Definition

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Mar 17 11:27:07 UTC 2014

On Sunday, March 16, 2014 11:43:12 David Faure wrote:
> There's a middle ground between "actively maintain" and "we made it
> completely impossible to even fix one bug".

at which point the person(s) doing the bug fixes can take on the project an
handle releases. it is free software: people can fork and/or adopt. (i'll put
more thoughts on this in my response to kevin's mail)

>  ... or to follow a change in ECM, or whatever.

if ECM changes 1.5 years (or whatever) after the initial KF5 release in a way
that requires changing the build files, wouldn't that be a bug in ECM? at some
point ECM needs to provide stability.

--
Aaron J. Seigo