Default emoticons theme

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sat Mar 15 19:04:31 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Saturday 15 March 2014 11:30:22 Alex Merry wrote:
> > - it moves to kemoticons (where it will be guaranteed to be installed),
> > retains its current name, and kemoticons selects "kf5" by default.
>
> It has my preference, so that you don't need an "obscure" (from 3rd party
> devs
> POV) dependency to have a usable framework by default.
>
> > Or it could be "kemoticons-default" or something (as a side-note, there
> > doesn't appear to be a way of specifying a "friendly name" for the theme
> > - the name is just the name of the directory).
>
> Right, renaming it to something more friendly probably makes sense too.
>
> Regards.
> --
> Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net
>
> KDAB - proud supporter of KDE, http://www.kdab.com

Hi,
I do agree that having an emoticons set together with kemoticons can be
very helpful and simplify the usage of the module. Also, it doesn't really
make sense to use kf5 or kde4. It's not something linked to the library
version, so it can be a theme name.

Either way, I would appreciate if you could document whatever you decide in
the wiki [1].

Aleix

[1] http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/New_Runtime_Organization