KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2014-w11

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Wed Mar 12 11:57:10 UTC 2014

On 12/03/14 07:56, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tuesday 11 March 2014 22:19:06 David Gil Oliva wrote:
>> Why is that? Are we in a hurry? Is the work in all the frameworks so
>> advanced that we can advance the tagging?
>
> It just a question of David's availability.
>
>> BTW, is it allowed to deprecate methods and add new methods from beta1 on?
>> (please forgive my ignorance, I didn't find out what "SIC change" means).
>
> Yes, but don't break source compatibility one bit.

Specifically, if you have to change any code that *uses* the frameworks
in order to make it compile and behave as it did before (or, at least,
as it was expected to behave), that's a source-incompatible (SIC) change.

So, for example, replacing ints with enums is SIC, because downstream
code may have to insert or remove casts.

Alex