KDNSSD

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Mar 7 06:59:20 UTC 2014

Hello,

On Friday 07 March 2014 00:54:59 Alex Merry wrote:
> On 07/03/14 00:52, Alex Merry wrote:
> > OK, so it looks like the immediate plan with KDNSSD is to rename
> > "kdnssd" to "zeroconf-ioslave" and "kdnssd-framework" to "kdnssd".  I
> > guess this involves filing sysadmin tickets.
> >
> > What else do we (I) need to deal with, given that kdnssd, which will be
> > renamed to zeroconf-ioslave, is part of the KDE SC 4 releases?

As for impacting KDE SC 4, you'll have to inform and coordinate with release-
team but that's pretty much it.

Well, also need to give a head up on kde-core-devel and kde-devel, people will
be impacted by the rename so likely some remotes to change and scripts to
adjust on their side.

> Oh, and who else needs to approve this?  The kdenetwork maintainer (not
> sure who that is)?  kdnssd has Jeremy Whiting and Urs Wolfer listed as
> project managers on https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdenetwork/kdnssd

Check with Jeremy Whiting and Urs Wolfer indeed. I'm not sure how active they
are though, so if you didn't hear from them by next friday assume they don't
mind the change.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net