[kdesrc-build] /: kf5: Port rc files to use branch-groups consistently.

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Mar 4 21:54:42 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 04 March 2014 01:32:14 Michael Pyne wrote:
> kf5: Port rc files to use branch-groups consistently.

Thanks!

> This should be absolutely transparent except that "kde-kactivities" will
> rename to "kactivities", though you might have to update
> kde-build-metadata first if you're using --pretend to test changes.

It wasn't that transparent at all - a number of modules have been re-
downloaded in a different location in my local source directory:

* plasma-frameworks moved under playground/libs
* kactivities moved under kde/kdelibs/kactivities (a very odd location in the
frameworks world, but kde_projects.xml is global, not branch-dependent)
* kde-runtime moved under kde
* kde-workspace moved under kde

When I say "moved" -- it's more like there are two copies now, the old one and
the new one. Warning to developers of these modules: move your changes over to
the new location and delete the old one! Otherwise kdesrc-build will overwrite
(in your install dir) what you manually installed from the old location.

I am in favour of this change (to use module-sets and centralize branch
information in kde-build-metadata), but beware of the migration !!