KDNSSD merge

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Mar 1 09:57:38 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 26 February 2014 14:36:49 Nicolas Lécureuil wrote:
> Le mercredi 26 février 2014 11:54:16 Alex Merry a écrit :
> > On 26/02/14 10:01, Alex Merry wrote:
> > > Actually, having slept on it, my suggestion is:
> > >
> > > - rename kdnssd to zeroconf-ioslave
> > > - rename kdnssd-framework to kdnssd
> > > - merge the frameworks branch of zeroconf-ioslave into kio
> >
> > I don't think the last part is necessarily a blocker, either (although
> > it's easy enough to do).  As with the kde-runtime stuff, it's not really
> > an issue if it gets delayed until 5.1.
> >
> > The repo name changes are going to be the painful parts.
>
> Hi,
>
> as there is already a kdnssd tarball for kde 4, i think this would be safer
> to keep the -framework in the name.

I can't see how the name of the kde-sc-4 tarballs matter?

This is version 5 of the thing....

Just like attica4/attica5, kactivities4/kactivities5, dolphin4/dolphin5 etc.
etc. It's not like everything has to have a new name (even though most
frameworks indeed have a new name that wasn't used before, but that's not a
requirement)