Issues for Qt5/KF5/KDE/CI system on OSX/MacPorts

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Fri Jun 27 21:01:33 UTC 2014

Hi Ben,
Hi Olivier,
Hi KF5 devs,
Hi folks on KDE-MAC,

I finally came up with a patch for QStandardPaths:
MVM2:scripts marko$ ls -l patches/qt5/kf5-qt5/patch-qstandardpaths_mac.cpp.diff
-rw-r--r-- 1 marko staff 1439 Jun 27 19:41 patches/qt5/kf5-qt5/patch-qstandardpaths_mac.cpp.diff
which is actually based on the code block responsible for Qt’s tests just at the beginning of
QStandardPaths::writableLocation().

This patch still uses a hard-coded path prefix specific to my system here. I have no clue whether
there is an easy way to get some CMake-controlled replacements into play here, which I hope.

Though, I’ll leave that for when I contact the Qt development mailing list - as you’ve suggested.

	The important bit for now is that it is indeed possible
	to build tiers 1 to 4 almost without trouble. :-D

Only 34 files actually get created in the customised CI-system-writable system root:
MVM2:Library marko$ pwd
/opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/system
MVM2:system marko$ find . -type f -exec ls -la {} \;
-rw-r--r-- 1 marko wheel 10547296 Jun 27 21:20 ./Cache/icon-cache.kcache
-rw------- 1 marko wheel 150 Jun 27 21:39 ./Library/Preferences/ktimezonedrc
being mostly cache, desktop and rc files and I wonder whether those actually land there:

	1) only by accident... ;)
or
	2) because they are actually results of tests (which seems more likely to me)!

Since I’ve no clue on how KF5 frameworks are actually organised I can only speculate here, but e.g. this
rc file seems to indicate exactly that, since in the user’s home dir there is indeed a .kde-unit-test folder:
$ cat ./Library/Preferences/ktimezonedrc
[TimeZones]
LocalZone=Europe/Paris
ZoneinfoDir=/Users/marko/.kde-unit-test/ktimezonestest
Zonetab=/Users/marko/.kde-unit-test/ktimezonestest/zone.tab
MVM2:system marko$ ls /Users/marko/.kde-unit-test/ktimezonestest
Africa	America  Asia  Europe  zone.tab

I want to underline that the patch obviously fixes also the kdoctools issue. Remember that I always
needed to copy its files like this:
$ sudo rm -rf /Library/Application\ Support/kf5/kdoctools/ ; sudo cp -Rp /opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/kf5-qt5/frameworks/kdoctools/inst/Library/Application\ Support/kf5 /Library/Application\ Support
into my system’s “/Library/Application Support” folder? This is not necessary anymore either! :)

I guess I’ve spotted that one of the frameworks obviously messes up when writing to the standard
location below “Library/Application Support/“ because it omits the trailing slash leading to this
mess-up:
MVM2:Library marko$ pwd
/opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/system/Library
MVM2:Library marko$ ls -1
Application Support
Application Supportuser-places.xbel
Application Supportuser-places.xbel.bak
Application Supportuser-places.xbel.tbcache
Preferences
Haven’t figured out yet which framework is the culprit…

	>>> Can we proceed setting up the build slave now?

	:-)

Greets,
Marko