Solid situation for 5.0

Àlex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Mon Jun 23 15:56:20 UTC 2014

As many of you know late in the game I started writing some new code to add
much needed asynchronous api to Solid/Power which meant moving the old
deprecate code to kdelibs4Support.

The new API is done (you can review it on master, there are 2 CMake options to
enable them) and all is left to do is to develop the UPower backend (which
should be rather trivial).

With so little time between now and the release I think it will be wise to
delay until 5.1 (which happens in a ~month anyway) so we can have the entire
July to review the api.

At the moment, people porting over KF5 they can use kdelibs4Support and wait
until 5.1 to move to the new async api.

Does it sound good?

Sorry for the mess.

Cheers.