Issues for Qt5/KF5/KDE/CI system on OSX/MacPorts

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Wed Jun 4 01:44:49 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

there is eventually unexpected SUCCESS ...

   (... although I didn’t manage to patch Qt's sources to handle a non-standard path ...)

... since as a work-around I have simply copied the file tree installed by kdoctools into the KDE/CI system’s “/Library/Application Support/” folder:
---
$ sudo cp -Rp /opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/kf5-qt5/frameworks/kdoctools/inst/Library/Application\ Support/kf5 /Library/Application\ Support
---
with the nice result, that all frameworks of tiers 3+4 and "Porting Aids" eventually built successfully except these few:
---
Tier 3:
 - plasma-framework
 - plasma (needs plasma-framework)

Porting aids:
 - krunner (needs plasma-framework)

Other projects:
 - kf5umbrella (needs plasma-framework)
 - okteta (needs kf5umbrella)
---
which shouldn’t be needed on OSX anyways.
I am not sure about kf5umbrella, because [1] says it’s going away...
No idea what that means for okteta, either...

FW frameworkintegration only complains about missing OxygenFont:
---
-- The following RUNTIME packages have not been found:

 * OxygenFont (required version >= 0.4)
   Default font for KDE Applications
---
an issue which I didn’t deal with up to now, since I didn’t know whether simply installing MacPorts port oxygen-icons (version 4.12.5) would be sufficient or not... Also this port would pull in qt4-mac and phonon from MacPorts, which I want to avoid. ;-)

To make all this work I had to install a 2 more MacPorts ports being giflib and boost. I installed giflib’s standard variant, which is the one pulling in some more X11 ports due to xorg-libsm and xorg-libX11.

To sum it up: Except for the nasty work-around above I am through with all important KF5 frameworks! :-D

What next? ;-)

Greets,
Marko

[1] https://projects.kde.org/projects/frameworks/kf5umbrella/repository/revisions/5140e179216530a66f51fee41febe76a8361fc5a