problems in http kioslave, where to debug?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 11:57:13 UTC 2014

On Sunday 01 June 2014, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 01 June 2014 09:58:09 David Faure wrote:
> > OK, writing this email gave me an idea for a workaround, at least. Can
> > you test it? (attached).
>
> I pushed this fix to kio so it becomes part of beta3, tagged today.

with the patch, i see that kio::copy works correctly (therefore "kioclient5
copy" correctly downloads the file) but KIO::file_copy still doesn't work
(that's what knewstuff dialog is using).
It produces an http request with the header
If-Modified-Since:
with a past date i didn't understand yet where it comes from
to the answer will always be 304 not modified.
and the file is for sure not in cache, the end result will always be a file 0
size.

Changing filecopyJob line 388 to
m_getJob = KIO::get(m_src, Reload, HideProgressInfo /* no GUI */);

make the download work correctly, even tough is obviously wrong, since it
always disables the caches

--
Marco Martin