How to port KIntSpinBox::setSuffix

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Jun 1 08:34:07 UTC 2014

On Friday 30 May 2014 07:54:45 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> while trying to get rid of kdelibs4support I stumbled [1] over
> KIntSpinBox::setSuffix which allows to set a plural aware suffix. The
> recommendation is to port to QSpinBox, but as far as I can see there is
> suitable replacement for the plural aware suffix.
>
> What is the best solution to port this without introducing regressions?

This appears to be missing currently.

Laurent Montel asked me the same question on May 18, and I answered:
* this needs to be added to QSpinBox, but then that one would use the tr()
translation system
* so we also need a KPluralHandlingSpinBox in a KF5 framework, to use the
ki18n translation system (basically resurrecting some code from
kdelibs4support, I assume).

Laurent, what's the status on that?

Working on KDE Frameworks 5