Rules for (auto)tests execution

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sat Jul 26 14:32:43 UTC 2014

Hi all,
are autotests - and the corresponding tests in kdelibs4 world - always run
against a valid installation (aka: make test always after make install), or
should they work after a simple make?

If not, I have a test which needs a proper QStandardPaths setting, so that it
works when it's installed, but otherwise it needs to change the value
XDG_DATA_DIR before/after the execution of the test.
I've seen mentions of SET_TESTS_PROPERTIES and CTEST_ENVIRONMENT, but
lxr.kde.org does not show many usages. Is there an example or a guidelines for
this that I missed?

Ciao
--
Luigi