KDELibs4Support fails to install on Windows if DocBookXML4 absent

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Wed Jul 23 10:54:07 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 23 of July 2014 00:27:18 Nicolás Alvarez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently KDELibs4Support fails to install on Windows. It gives the
> following error:
>
> CMake Error at src/cmake_install.cmake:264 (file):
>   file RELATIVE_PATH must be passed a full path to the file:
>   searched_dir-NOTFOUND
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   cmake_install.cmake:115 (include)
>
> The problem is in src/CMakeLists.txt:653. It tries to use
> DocBookXML4_DTD_DIR unconditionally, even though DocBookXML4 is an
> optional package so it may not be found (and it is in fact not present
> in the current Windows setup).

DocBook support is not optional; in fact you already have DocBook 4.5,
otherwise KDocTools is not going to work. kdelibs4support requires the older
DocBook 4.2 stuff.

Just fui, there is another potential problem (only for the DTD from
kdelibs4support): the full path to docbook stuff is injected in kdex.dtd,
which leads to problem if the path contains a space (reported during testing
on MacOSX). See:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-frameworks-devel&m=140498199122919&w=2
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-frameworks-devel&m=140580707819842&w=2
As this is handled by cmake, I wonder if there is a better way for encoding
characters which are not valid for URIs using it, apart from specifying a list
of characters that needs to be replaced (space -> %20 etc).

Ciao
--
Luigi