KXMLGUI and KParts

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Thu Jul 17 21:47:12 UTC 2014

Hello,

while testing out Yakuake (frameworks) I noticed that it would not display
the context menu.

Konsole had a similar issue, but that was fixed by adjusting the calls that
loaded the XML file (this occurred after the port to KXMLGUI_INSTALL_DIR).

However this did not occur with Yakuake, which uses the Konsole KPart. In
fact I kept on getting

cannot find .rc file "partui.rc" for component "yakuake"

where "partui.rc" is the Konsole KXMLGUI rc file.

The only way I could fix it was to create a "yakuake" directory under the
kxmlgui install dir and symlink the rc file there.

Given that this is *highly* suboptimal:

- Is Yakuake doing something wrong?
- Is this a bug?
- Or instead the code loading the KPart needs to be adjusted?

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter