Web Shortcuts KCM

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Jul 16 20:05:21 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 16 July 2014 10:33:43 David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 July 2014 15:16:20 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> >  (ie at most a
> >
> > widget would be enough for the app related settings, we should talk to the
> > underlying platform for the other ones).
>
> I don't want users to have to configure their search engines in 10 KDE apps
> one after the other by hand.
> A centralized configuration is much more convenient.

Maybe I was unclear, but I didn't mean to imply that for something like the
web shortcuts having a centralized configuration was wrong. I think that
shipping a KCM is wrong. But I'm fine with a widget which provide mean to save
in a centralized configuration.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net