KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2014-w28

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jul 8 20:10:22 UTC 2014

On Tue, 8 Jul 2014, John Layt wrote:

> We already have a link to the donations page buried deep in the "About
> KDE" dialog under the "Support KDE" tab where no-one ever sees it.  A
> Help menu item for "Donate to KDE..." that pops up a dialog explaining
> why would be far more visible, but easily disabled by distros who
> object.  We could also include a "Donate to KDE" tip in every
> KTipDatabase and ensure it's the first tip shown by default on an apps
> first run.  As an admin note, whenever we do add a donate link
> anywhere we should make it unique so that we can track how successful
> each channel is.

As a datapoint, and not something most apps will want to do... Adding a
splash screen with a donation link to the development build of Krita meant
getting three out-of-the-blue donations a week more than the zero I had
before. No huge numbers, but then, Krita still is small compared to other
apps.

Boud