OSX/MacPorts KDE CI System: Asking for trouble due to installations outside the expected $DATA_INSTALL_DIR/kf5 directory for khtml and katepart5

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Sun Jul 6 18:20:08 UTC 2014

On 06 Jul 2014, at 11:41 , David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> Marko, if this goes in, can you port everything kf5-based to install .rc files
> in KXMLGUI_INSTALL_DIR just like kwrite.diff does for write?

I reinstalled ECM, kxmlgui and kate, but I don’t see a folder
/Library/Application Support/kxmlgui5 but instead this for kate’s install root

---
$ ls -1 /opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/kf5-qt5/kde/applications/kate/inst/Library/Application\ Support
kate
katebuild
katecloseexceptplugin
katectags
katefiletree
kategdb
katekonsole
kateopenheaderplugin
kateproject
katesearch
katesql
katexmltools
---

kwrite is now MISSING in that directory (it was there before the patching)!
Where did it go?

Can it be that the necessary components subdirectory kxmlqui5 (where the kwrite
folder should land in) wasn’t created after all and so the rc file didn’t get
written either?

But, maybe this is only a peculiarity of the CI system, where all frameworks get
installed in their own isolated sandboxes?

Couldn’t find the same line to patch for kate as you delivered for kwrite.
(Looks like the line in kwrite also magically configures kate somehow.)