kf5-config, startkde and bug 333793

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Sun Jul 6 12:00:18 UTC 2014

David Faure wrote:

> Well, kde4-config --path lib never included ~/.local so that's not really
> a bug.

It used to include $KDEHOME, on which startkde relied, that's probably the
cause of the bug.

> Shall we say ~/.config/startkde/env/ ?

If that's the case, we have a problem elsewhere. ;) systemsettings saves to
~/.local/share/env (I'm guessing it uses GenericDataLocation). In fact,

plasma-desktop/kcms/autostart.cpp, line 141:

QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandardPaths::GenericDataLocation) +
QStringLiteral("/env/");

So in this case we have to adjust the KCM as well. I can do the job, as long
as there's consensus for it.

BTW, there's a similar hack for "shutdown". In fact the KCM writes autostart
into GenericConfigLocation and env and shutdown in GenericDataLocation.

Does anyone know the reason? Should we all change them to
GenericConfigLocation?

> kf5-config is deprecated, qtpaths replaces it.

My plan was exactly to remove usage in startkde, that will also help solve
the bug.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter