Deprecation warnings not showing on CMake 3

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Jul 5 10:08:26 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 03 June 2014 23:01:23 Anuj Pahuja wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am building libkdegames on KF5/Qt5 using CMake 3 but I'm not getting
> deprecation warnings for KDELibs4Support classes (KDialog, KFileDialog
> etc.). However, I get all the deprecation warnings when I use CMake 2.8.
> Also, functions like KGlobal::dirs() do give a warning on CMake 3. Is it
> some change in the ecm-modules or KDELibs4Support? Or a change in cmake
> itself?

No idea, can you try asking on kde-build-system at kde.org, if it still happens?

It works here with cmake 3:

kdepim/libkdepim/misc/maillistdrag.cpp:246:30: warning: ‘KProgressDialog’ is deprecated (declared at /d/kde/inst/kde_frameworks/include/KF5/KDELibs4Support/kprogressdialog.h:50) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
             KProgressDialog *dlg = new KProgressDialog( 0, QString(),
                              ^

I also tried KFileDialog explicitly since you mentionned it:
warning: ‘KFileDialog’ is deprecated (declared at /d/kde/inst/kde_frameworks/include/KF5/KDELibs4Support/kfiledialog.h:74) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
   KFileDialog *dlg = new KFileDialog(QUrl(QStringLiteral("http://www.kde.org")), QStringLiteral("foo"), Q_NULLPTR);
                ^

Or did you mean deriving from KFileDialog / KDialog?

Working on KDE Frameworks 5