Transitive dependency checks

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Thu Jan 30 17:56:55 UTC 2014

On 30/01/14 16:12, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> The issue only occurred with CMake 2.8.12 when building kdelibs as a
> whole. It is no longer a problem now that the repositories have been
> split. Therefore, I think you can go on and remove those dependencies.

I don't understand that - all the dependency checks are in if() clauses
that mean they are only looked for when built in split mode.  So the
problem must have been during a split build.

If we can't track down what the exact error was, we at least need to
test the changes with cmake 2.8.12.0 (and not the lastest git version,
as I expect most of us are using via kdesrc-build).

I'm building the v2.8.12 tag, and I'll try to test some frameworks with
removed transitive dependency checks (probably tomorrow, realisticly).
In the meantime, please don't commit any removals of these checks
without testing using 2.8.12.0.

Alex