kf5options and qt5options manpages

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Jan 29 20:47:02 UTC 2014

El Dimecres, 29 de gener de 2014, a les 09:25:47, David Faure va escriure:
> On Saturday 25 January 2014 16:36:22 Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> > > Ah, this is a kde4support thing (kcmdlineargs).
> > > If we think this is useful, we should add it to Qt.
> > > Is it useful?

> > Isn't this kind of mandated by the desktop entry spec that says that %i
> > will be translated to --icon?
> > Besides ./kio/src/core/desktopexecparser.cpp seems to use it.
>
> You're somewhat right. Note that the .desktop file for an app doesn't have
> to use %i, if the app doesn't support --icon.
>
> I can see the idea of the feature, using the Icon field in the .desktop file
> for both menus and the app window icon, but my question is whether it's
> really used/useful in practice. In my kde4 applications dir, I see 16
> .desktop files using %i, plus the 14 .desktop files for okular but that's
> just one app, so 17 apps in total. However, I suspect that most of these
> would work just the same without %i, since they use the default icon name
> anyway (e.g.
> ktorrent.desktop, Icon=ktorrent).
> Plus, the apps need a good default icon anyway, for the case where they
> started another way (e.g. from the command line).

Sure, ok, forget the .desktop scenario, the real useful scenario is the same
than -caption and is actually starting something from a command line and
giving it a custom icon, like let's say, konsole or kdialog but you pretend
they are something you created for your own command line program.

Does that make more sense?

Cheers,
  Albert