kf5options and qt5options manpages

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Jan 25 15:36:22 UTC 2014

El Dissabte, 25 de gener de 2014, a les 10:20:20, David Faure va escriure:
> On Tuesday 21 January 2014 18:38:28 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > kdeoptions and qtoptions manpages listed the common options to
> > applications
> > using kdelibs4 and qt4.
> >
> > These have just become kf5options and qt5options.
> >
> > But which options are still true?
>
> >        --caption caption
> >
> >            Use caption as name in the titlebar.
>
> Ah, this is a kde4support thing (kcmdlineargs).
> If we think this is useful, we should add it to Qt.
> Is it useful?
>
> >        --icon icon
> >
> >            Use icon as the application icon.

Isn't this kind of mandated by the desktop entry spec that says that %i will
be translated to --icon?

Besides ./kio/src/core/desktopexecparser.cpp seems to use it.

Not sure about -caption but i'd say it may make sense too in some cases.

Cheers,
  Albert