Integrating kf5dot and kapidox

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Tue Jan 14 14:53:41 UTC 2014

On 14/01/14 08:58, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2014, at 14:34, Alex Merry wrote:
>> On 13/01/14 21:36, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
>>> Second, api.kde.org deployment. kf5dot-prepare needs to be able to run
>>> CMake on the source code. @Allen: is it possible to do this on
>>> api.kde.org?
>>
>> kgenapidox could potentially extract info from the build dir,
>> incidentally.
>>
>> In particular, the generated version files could be used to get a
>> project version
>
> How would you do that?

Grab it out of the framework_version.h file or out of the
KF5FrameworkVersion.cmake file.

>> and the build dir could be added to the INPUT
>> directories to parse generated files.
>
> Do you have examples of files where this would be interesting? Since
> generated files, by definition, do not have any documentation, I can't
> think of any useful example (but I could be wrong of course)

The old script certainly ran kconfig_compiler on the sources.  I'm not
sure how much useful documentation was extracted as a result, though.

Also, it is not in the definition of generated files that they do not
have documentation.  They could inherit documentation from their input
files, or be given documentation by the generating tool.  Some thought
would need to go into making sure we only documented useful (eg:
installed) files, though.

Alex