KDE Frameworks: Looking for maintainers

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Jan 13 18:40:54 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

This is a reminder that we're still looking for maintainers for our
frameworks. Out of the 57 existing frameworks 33 have no maintainer (yes,
that's almost 60%). I don't know about you, but I find that worrying.

The modules without maintainers are spread this way:
 - 9 are tier 1 (so depending only on Qt);
 - 7 are tier 2 (depending on Qt and a couple of tier 1);
 - 14 are tier 3 (larger dependencies)
 - 3 are tier 4 (kde4support and modules helping for platform integration).

I'd like to thanks all the people who already stepped up to become frameworks
maintainers! And for those still hiding in the dark, here is your chance at
providing a very critical service to our community!

If you hesitate on becoming a maintainer, feel free to get in touch with me,
we can probably work together to find something where you'll feel at home. If
you have a calling to become a maintainer and already have well formed tastes
and responsibilities you'd like to take, head to the wiki and book one of the
frameworks:
http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/List

Regards.
--