KNewStuff3 vs. KNS3 vs. KNewStuff (was: Re: What are the plans with CamelCase includes?)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Jan 13 16:50:25 UTC 2014

Am Montag, 13. Januar 2014, 09:40:57 schrieb David Faure:
> On Saturday 11 January 2014 02:42:20 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > There the used namespace does not match the module name:
> > namespace is "KNS3", the module name "KNewStuff3".
>
> That's not a problem, the KIOCore module uses namespace (and therefore
> prefix) KIO.
>
> I just saw this mail, after my reply to reviewboard. It seems that I missed
> one thing: that the actual C++ namespace is KNS3.

(And I missed before that PREFIX is also used for generating the forwarding
path inside the CamelCase header, tested before only with KNewStuff3 as prefix
and then did change to KNS3 without e.g. recompiling Okteta, just did make
install in frameworks/knewstuff and that worked (tm), blame on me :) )

> Then there is indeed the option of making it KNS3/File and kns3/file.h, for
> more consistency (this time "with the C++ namespace"), at the cost of a
> greater SIC. But you could install knewstuff3/file.h forwarding headers for
> compatibility.

Would agree that this option is the more consistent one.

Those knewstuff3/file.h forwarding headers you are proposing, they would be
installed from KDE4Support, right? To [...]/include/KF5/knewstuff3, with the
pattern...
file "entry.h" contains: "#include <kns3/entry.h>"

And all include/KF5/KDE/KNS3/* forwarding headers would be changed from
"#include <knewstuff3/file.h>" to "#include <kns3/file.h>" as well.

Would update/prepare RRs for both kde4support and knewstuff modules, if I got
the proposal right and noone objects.

Cheers
Friedrich