KDE Frameworks on Inqlude

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Jan 12 22:11:09 UTC 2014

KDE Frameworks now have a dedicated page on Inqlude. There is a group listing
all frameworks at http://inqlude.org/groups/kde-frameworks.html. The intention
is not to make them stand out, but to have a logical grouping and one view to
see them all at a glance.

The data is taken from the READMEs in the git repository. It's not
automatically extracted, so changes in the READMEs won't be synced
immediately, but need to be transferred to the Inqlude manifests. The inqlude
command line tool has an option to do that. I plan to sync the data from time
to time, in particular after releases.

The release information currently is still missing on Inqlude. At the moment
the frameworks are listed as generic libraries without a specific release. I
plan to add the release info soon.

The data itself also needs a little bit of love. The descriptions can be
improved in some places, additional links, e.g. to tutorials or API
documentation need to be added, and each framework should have a nice home
page.

But for now it is a decent start. Thanks to all the people who put so much
effort into preparing the frameworks for their first release.