New doxygen script

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Fri Jan 10 20:05:38 UTC 2014

On 10/01/14 15:42, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> Le vendredi 10 janvier 2014 03:30:03 Alex Merry a écrit :
>> Hey Aurélien,
>>
>> I wrote a new script to generate apidocs.  It's in Python rather than
>> shell script (because (a) yay for proper programming languages and (b)
>> cross-platformness).
>>
>> If you run it on a framework like KCoreAddons, you'll get actual bona
>> fide apidocs (unlike if you try to run doxygen.sh on it).  It even pulls
>> in README.md as the main page text.
>>
>> It can be found in kde:clones/kapidox/alexmerry/kapidox on the
>> frameworks branch.
>
> Nice! I was thinking about porting the doxygen.sh script to Python as well, to
> help with maintainability and so that we can later use string.Template or even
> Jinja to handle HTML generation, but you beat me to it :)

Proper templating would be good; currently the substitution is a bit
hackish.

New version has various improvements, and -- more importantly -- a
kgenframeworksapidox script.  Just point it at whatever folder has all
your frameworks checkouts.

It doesn't yet generate a main index.html, but it does do the global
menu.  It's also a bit inefficient about building - it does tier1, then
tier2 (so they can reference tier1 docs), then tier3 twice (for
interdependencies) then tier4 twice.  Takes 20 minutes total on my machine.

Alex