KTextEditor & Frameworks question

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Tue Jan 7 08:37:16 UTC 2014

> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > Just tried to build kdevplatform against the ktexteditor framework --
> > > Didn't work because CMake didn't find KF5TextEditorConfig.cmake.
> > >
> > > The problem is that all your .cmake files are missing the KF5 prefix
> > > which
> > > other frameworks apparently have set.
> > > CMake cannot find the framework via find_package(KF5 ... COMPONENTS
> > > TextEditor), then, I suppose.
> > >
> > > Makes sense?
> >
> > Hmm, the framework-template did not indicate that, but yeah, you are right,
> > e.g. KCoreAddons has everywhere KCoreAddons as identifier beside for the
> > .cmake stuff and the library name, there it is KF5CoreAddons.
> >
> > Is changing that to KF5TextEditor the right way to fix the issue then
>
> Yes, and please fix the template while you're at it :-)
Will give it a try in the evening ;)

Just a question: ATM setup.sh gets just the name + dest, e.g. I told it the name
KTextEditor

Should the heuristic be: If there is a K in front, remove it and do stuff like
KFooBar leads to KF5FooBar, else keep the complete FooBar name and do KF5FooBar.

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com