KTextEditor & Frameworks question

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Tue Jan 7 06:12:40 UTC 2014

> > I tried my luck with splitting/grafting/kdeexamples template.
> >
> > Could somebody take a look what ended up in the master branch of
> >
> > git at git.kde.org:scratch/cullmann/ktexteditor.git
> >
> > Any feedback welcome, if I screwed it up a lot ;)
> >
> > That git shall contain a KTextEditor framework, I hope, with grafting able
> > history, at least I was able to graft against kate.git using the howto. The
> > structure should fit a framework, only the tests dir is missing as empty
> > atm.
> >
> > Greetings
> > Christoph
>
> Hey,
>
> Just tried to build kdevplatform against the ktexteditor framework -- Didn't
> work because CMake didn't find KF5TextEditorConfig.cmake.
>
> The problem is that all your .cmake files are missing the KF5 prefix which
> other frameworks apparently have set.
> CMake cannot find the framework via find_package(KF5 ... COMPONENTS
> TextEditor), then, I suppose.
>
> Makes sense?
Hmm, the framework-template did not indicate that, but yeah, you are right, e.g. KCoreAddons
has everywhere KCoreAddons as identifier beside for the .cmake stuff and the library name,
there it is KF5CoreAddons.

Is changing that to KF5TextEditor the right way to fix the issue then or should something else be done?

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com