KTextEditor & Frameworks question

Kevin Funk krf at gmx.de
Tue Jan 7 02:03:16 UTC 2014

Am Montag, 6. Januar 2014, 21:44:46 schrieb Christoph Cullmann:
> > I see, yeah, thats KatePart it seems to me.
> >
> > Anyway, I am all for going to have a KF5 KTextEditor framework, will make
> > it more approachable
> > for other projects to use it.
> > And unlike in 4.x, KTextEditor would always provide the implementation
> > directly (KatePart merged in, internally)
> > and some wrapper KParts for the people preferring to just load a simple
> > part without any more tight integration.
> >
> > David showed me the kdeexamples/framework-template and the kdelibs-split
> > script.
> >
> > Still, I have one question:
> >
> > Is it really enough to init a new repository and have that one initial
> > commit + add (and then move the files around inside the new git)
> > to have history via grafting available? There is no other "trick" behind I
> > just don't see ATM?
> >
> > I would try to convert to framework style git in some personal repo on
> > git.kde.org and post that here for review if I do it right ;)
> >
> > Greetings
> > Christoph
>
> I tried my luck with splitting/grafting/kdeexamples template.
>
> Could somebody take a look what ended up in the master branch of
>
> git at git.kde.org:scratch/cullmann/ktexteditor.git
>
> Any feedback welcome, if I screwed it up a lot ;)
>
> That git shall contain a KTextEditor framework, I hope, with grafting able
> history, at least I was able to graft against kate.git using the howto. The
> structure should fit a framework, only the tests dir is missing as empty
> atm.
>
> Greetings
> Christoph

Hey,

Just tried to build kdevplatform against the ktexteditor framework -- Didn't
work because CMake didn't find KF5TextEditorConfig.cmake.

The problem is that all your .cmake files are missing the KF5 prefix which
other frameworks apparently have set.
CMake cannot find the framework via find_package(KF5 ... COMPONENTS
TextEditor), then, I suppose.

Makes sense?

--
Kevin Funk