KDE-wide Animation settings

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun Jan 5 08:42:07 UTC 2014

On Saturday 04 January 2014 20:52:43 David Faure wrote:
> On Saturday 04 January 2014 20:19:43 Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
> > The first problem is that with kf5, the style configuration kcm expects
> > a libkstyle_oxygen_config.so *plugin* for this configuration, whereas it
> > was "kstyle_oxygen_config.so" in kde4 times.
> >
> > now, as the error message indicates: plugins should not start with "lib"
> > and thus, oxygen still installs kstyle_oxygen_config.so only
> > so that the ill-named plugin is not found, and you get the error dialog.
> >
> > To fix,
> > - either we fix the kcm by changing the looked for plugin name (by
> > removing the lib prefix)
>
> Yes. Why does the kcm look for a lib prefix now? Surely there's no good
> reason for that, the kde4 way was fine.
it was me who ported the kcm. I didn't change anything in that regard - at
least not knowingly. The only change in KCMStyle::styleSpecificConfig() was:
-    KLibrary library(libname, KCMStyleFactory::componentData());
+    KLibrary library(libname);

Also I think to remember that it used to work when I did the port. So I rather
think it got broken by a3194a6010961c68da80a9a8aa97501fb637f4a1

Cheers
Martin