KTextEditor & Frameworks question

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Sat Jan 4 21:58:35 UTC 2014

> > > Using all the cmake stuff from other frameworks ;)
> > >
> > > I just updated and moved the framework template we had in kdelibs to
> > > kdeexamples/framework-template. You can use this to generate the entire
> > > directory structure if you want.
> >
> > Ok,
> >
> > that shall be not really a problem, given I have already the autotests in
> > the right dir and only ktexteditor => src is needed.
>
> This is about the contents of the CMakeLists.txt files too.
> You should port to ecm_generate_headers if you don't use it yet (you can use
> my
> script for that, kde-dev-scripts/kf5/install_forwarding_headers.pl)
> and compare the cmake stuff with e.g. kcoreaddons or the template.
Yeah, I did notice, we already have stolen most of that tricks in kate.git, including the
use of ecm_generate_headers, its only hidden a bit more deep inside the ktexteditor/include structure.

> > Still, what would be the appropriate way to split the kate.git without
> > loosing the history.
>
> Do it just like we did for kdelibs: new repo, old history available via
> grafting.
> See kde-dev-scripts/frameworks/split_out_frameworks.sh
> (change the "for" loop, obviously - you don't need a loop at all, if you have
> only one repo to split out). Maybe don't even run the script, just run the
> commands
> one by one, to adapt them to your directory structure.
>
> Once you have the clean new repo, you'll need to talk to sysadmin for
> uploading it.
I see, must then take a look at that ;)

Greetings & Thanks for all the hints
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com