What are the plans with CamelCase includes?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Jan 1 23:31:05 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 31 December 2013 14:48:13 Aleix Pol wrote:
> > -- Up-to-date:
> > /d/kde/inst/kde_frameworks/include/KF5/kcoreaddons/kaboutdata.h
> > -- Up-to-date:
> > /d/kde/inst/kde_frameworks/include/KF5/KCoreAddons/KAboutData
> >
> > The email thread "RFC Rules for installation of header files" does say

Actually, what's the reason for lowercaseframework there?

I used that in all the modules I converted (except KIO, I just realized), and
I'm wondering what the point is.

Example:
include/KF5/KIOCore/KFileItem
include/KF5/KIOCore/kfileitem.h
works fine with KIOCore in the include path, apps just include <KFileItem> or
<kfileitem.h>

If I fix it to
include/KF5/KIOCore/KFileItem
include/KF5/kiocore/kfileitem.h  [all lowercase]
it will of course work too, with both dirs in the include path.

It's all transparent for the apps either way, since the cmake magic
encapsulates it for the them.

I'm just wondering what's the point in using two different dirs for
kfileitem.h and KFileItem?