KUnitConversion Review

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Fri Feb 28 18:35:20 UTC 2014

On 28 February 2014 10:52, Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic at gmx.net> wrote:
>> [: John Layt :]
>> * Try port away from ki18n to tr(). KUC makes extensive use of ki18nc()
>> and ki18ncp(), but I need to check with Chusselove if all the plural
>> translations can be handled with Qt or if any are scripted.
>
> So far no language has any scripted translations here.
>
> There should be nothing specific about plurals in this case, i.e. they
> should work with Qt so long as any plurals work (I think this is mainly upon
> lconvert doing the right thing).

Thanks Chusslove, I'll have a look at it over the weekend.

One thing I've noticed is that it uses KLocalizedString in public api
and as internal storage, is this a normal way of doing things?  I
would have thought once the translation has been done that a QString
should be OK for storage and api use?

Cheers!

John.