KNotify merge in KNotification now in branch

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 17:08:25 UTC 2014

Hey,

so as the patch on RB was apparently too big to review in 14 days, I tried
to divide it in smaller commits and pushed into a branch
mklapetek/knotify-merge in kde:knotifications.

So please have a look at that, the commitdiffs might be a bit confusing as
it was created from the big diff, but I tried explaining it in the commit
message. Also the code has a lot of comments, so you can also just go over
the code - it's only three files - knotification.cpp (400 LOC),
knotificationmanager.cpp (200 LOC) and notifybypopup.cpp (760 LOC).

I've been testing this for about a week now and it all works nicely. So at
this point I'd like to get this into the alpha2 release and keep improving
it afterwards, the public API shouldn't change anymore (that's
KNotification only anyway).

As I'd really like to get this in alpha2, I'm going to merge this by Friday
night if there will be no hard objections.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer