KDNSSD merge

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Wed Feb 26 15:21:23 UTC 2014

On 26/02/14 13:36, Nicolas Lécureuil wrote:
> Le mercredi 26 février 2014 11:54:16 Alex Merry a écrit :
>> On 26/02/14 10:01, Alex Merry wrote:
>>> Actually, having slept on it, my suggestion is:
>>>
>>> - rename kdnssd to zeroconf-ioslave
>>> - rename kdnssd-framework to kdnssd
>>> - merge the frameworks branch of zeroconf-ioslave into kio
>>
>> I don't think the last part is necessarily a blocker, either (although
>> it's easy enough to do).  As with the kde-runtime stuff, it's not really
>> an issue if it gets delayed until 5.1.
>>
>> The repo name changes are going to be the painful parts.
>

> Hi,
>
> as there is already a kdnssd tarball for kde 4, i think this would be safer to
> keep the -framework in the name.

That would leave the issue of confusing repo names.  While
"kdnssd-framework" is fairly self-explanatory, it doesn't match the
other frameworks.  More of an issue is that the "kdnssd" repo does not
contain kdnssd, but the zeroconf ioslave.  So anyone looking for kdnssd
will find an ioslave, and anyone looking for the zeroconf ioslave will
find nothing.

Alex