Porting feedback: Hiding the Help button in KConfigDialog

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Feb 23 09:08:13 UTC 2014

On Monday 17 February 2014 16:00:08 Eike Hein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the KDialog-based KConfigDialog of yesteryear, it was fairly easy
> to hide the Help button:
>
>   dialog->button(KDialog::Help)->hide();
>
> This is useful for apps that don't (yet) ship a handbook, since it
> avoids mounting user frustration when a click on Help actually re-
> sults in a nasty error message (though it's actually looking less
> nasty these days).
>
> In Frameworks, this isn't possible any longer since the buttons
> reside in a private QDialogButtonBox. Might be nice to get it back
> tho ...

Kévin? (this is your port).

Should we add an accessor for the QDialogButtonBox in KConfigDialog?

On one hand this could interfer with some of the internal handling
(enabling/disabling "Defaults", "Apply", "Restore"...) but on the other hand
this was possible before too (using KDialog members), and it gives most
flexibility to the apps (e.g. adding another button, even).