KItemModels, Solid & KJS licenses

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Sat Feb 22 17:39:33 UTC 2014

On 20/02/14 16:00, šumski wrote:
> On Thursday 20 of February 2014 11:41:48 Alex Merry wrote:
>> KItemModels
>>
>> kcheckableproxymodel.(cpp|h) is Stephen Kelly (and, for safety, David
>> Faure).
>>
>> modeltest.(cpp|h) were taken from Qt Concurrent, and subsequently
>> modified by Stephen Kelly, and touched by David Faure and Aurélien
>> Gâteau (but I don't think the latter two count as copyright holders,
>> judging from the commit messages).
>>
>> David is on record as being happy with relicensing to LGPLv2+ (with or
>> without the e.V. clause) - see relicensecheck.pl in kde:kde-dev-scripts.
>>
>>> [1] https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/223093
>>

> KItemModels are even more GPL, than LGPLv2+, 'only'
> main.cpp, lessthanwidget.(cpp|h), mainwindow.(cpp|h),
> selectionpmwidget.(cpp|h), descendantpmwidget.(cpp|h),
> recursivefilterpmwidget.(cpp|h), reparentingpmwidget.(cpp|h)
> and proxymodeltestwidget.(cpp|h) (all from autotests/proxymodeltestapp/)
> are LGPLv2+, the rest is GPL.

Huh?  As far as I can see, the only file in autotests/ with a GPL
license is proxymodeltestsuite/modeltest.(cpp|h).  Everything else is
either Library GPL or Lesser GPL.  Well, or doesn't have a license at
all (eg: python files, but those contain fewer than 10 logical lines of
code, so are probably not copyrightable).

Alex