ECM find modules

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Tue Feb 18 23:36:06 UTC 2014

On 18/02/14 18:09, Alex Merry wrote:
> If you have find modules that you think should go into
> extra-cmake-modules 1.0.0, mention them in this email thread.
>
> I would like to have a rule similar to the old kdelibs rule for classes:
> at least two users, otherwise you may as well just put them in the
> project's local cmake directory.

Related to this is the modules that are currently there.

The XCB ones I'm pretty sure have multiple users, and are fine to stay
(although possibly need a little love; they don't even set a URL and
DESCRIPTION, and I'd quite like them to create imported targets).

Likewise, SharedMimeInfo is used in multiple places (and I expect to be
used in more).

The DocBook ones are probably going to move to kdoctools unless or until
someone else decides they want to use them.

That leaves BlueZ and LibUSB1.  Which, frankly, I can't find *any* users
of.  The git log is unenlightening.  Would anyone object to their
removal (or, at least, moving them back to the attic directory)?

Alex