alpha1 release

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 05:25:46 UTC 2014

Hey,

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 11:30 PM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:

> I have packaged up KF5 alpha 1 and uploaded it for packagers.
>
> Can we consider KF5 frozen all of tomorrow (Friday 7) ?

I have quite some extensive changes for KNotifications (basically merging
KNotify daemon to KNotificationManager and repurposing KNotifyConfig a
bit). Part of KNotifications is now also KNotifyConfig and the
NotifyByPopup KNotify plugin while all the other plugins should follow
afterwards.

How should I handle this? Merge for 5.0beta (I think that would be done in
time minus all the other plugins)? Leave it for 5.1? However I'd like to
base the notifications rework of Plasma Next on this and that's due in
June, so probably 5.1 will come little bit too late for that.

Please advise.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer