Find dependencies quietly?

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Sun Feb 2 16:26:26 UTC 2014

On 02/02/14 16:10, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> On 02/02/2014 04:54 PM, Alex Merry wrote:
>> Either that,
>> or have it as a completly orthogonal property that nevertheless
>> interacts with TYPE, but I think that's overcomplicating matters.
>
> It is not clear to me whether you realize that that is what I suggested.
> You said orthogonal, I said separate. Did you already know that?

Ah, well that in turn was what I suggested originally, so I assumed you
were suggesting something different.  I now see that you were just
pointing out that set_package_properties() had already (sort of) solved
the issue I foresaw (although that solution is actually equivalent to
the idea for mitigating the issue that I previously suggested).

Of course, the solution depends on people using set_package_properties()
on all the packages they search for.  So doing
  find_package(Foo)
  find_package(Bar)
where Bar happens to also be a transitive dependency of Foo will cause
Bar to be omitted from the feature summary unless you also do
  set_package_properties(Bar PROPERTIES TYPE OPTIONAL)
or some such.

Alex